9/07/2012

introvert

just because someone likes to spend time alone does that mean that they've failed? failed at being able to make friends. failed at experiencing the "normal" university experience? so many times people look at others who are quiet or like to spend time alone as people who need to break out of their shells. need to open up. they feel bad for them because they think they're not enjoying themselves. but why? it would be ridiculous to expect everyone to be outgoing and chatty all the time. everyone is different. this does not make them wrong. nor does it mean they are unhappy. it simply means that they don't feel the need to be involved in everything all the time. that's all.

2 comments:

  1. It's true! It's not wrong to not be 'on' all the time and wanting to be with people every minute. Besides, I bet that makes it a little easier to get your studying done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. I've always enjoyed my alone time even before I got to college yet because of everything you hear about the "college experience" I thought when I got to college my personality would magically change. It didn't. I still enjoy my alone time and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything because of it! Also, I like your ombre hair...or at least it looks ombre in these pictures haha
    I'm thrilled to be your newest follower and would love it if you could return the follow if you get the chance and wish to :)
    Best,
    Sapir
    coffeebooksandairplanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete