6/20/2012

when studying turns into a road trip


So friend was helping me study for chemistry, because that subject does not make sense to me whatsoever. We started out at the library. I haven't been to the library in a long time and tonight I realized for good reason. I try not to be too judgemental, but today was an exception. You meet some interesting people at the library. It's even better when they come up and try to talk to you. I don't think it helped that friend and I were being pretty obvious people watchers, we got quite a few looks. After the library closed we decided to go study somewhere else. And because we are both undeceive it lead to me driving in a straight line until one of us decided where to go. And when friend didn't decide I chose to go to a rural town, because that's the obvious place to go to study right? Yes. 

Rural towns can be very charming at nine thirty at night. That's when most of the stores are closed, with the exception of a coffee shop and grocery store, and the town's best citizens come out and loiter. They were decked out in flannel tank tops and camo ball caps and talking in a Southern accent. It was pretty hilarious, I couldn't tell if they were joking or not, but they kept it up the whole time so I'm tempted to say that's just how they are. It was like Footloose in real life. And I loved it. We even got to see this truck full of turkey's in the parking lot, because that's something that happens there. It was cute. And then we went to explore a grocery store, because that is something that friend and I do on a regular basis. Don't judge. 

And now I'm back home. A lot more knowledgeable in chemistry and still laughing about my adventure in the country. Hope everyone else had a fantastic Wednesday! 

"No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they had plenty of sleep"

No comments:

Post a Comment