6/08/2012

one week we went to england



A while ago my sister and I decided that we wanted to go to England. So we bought two tickets and headed over. 

It was the best trip I have ever been on, hands down. England is really incredible. The architecture and the way of life is really different from anything I had ever seen before. Also everyone has accents! I know that's a given but it was awesome just listening to everyone talk. It was so nice to hang out with family that we hadn't seen in years. We even got the pleasure of seeing our second cousin who happened to be traveling to Scotland the same time we were over and got stuck in London because of the snow. England doesn't like the snow. They just can't handle it. If there is one inch of snow on the ground people act as if it's the apocalypse. The morning that we were leaving it had just snowed again and on our bus ride to the airport the bus driver pulled over twice to explain the seriousness of the weather conditions, and that we should be prepared for any type of emergency. It was pretty hilarious to be honest, because my sister and I are so used to winter's were waking up to two feet of snow is not unusual. We both really want to go back soon and spend some more time there, so maybe one day when we have enough money we will venture across the ocean and visit again.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment