6/05/2012

here comes the sun {the beatles}


Checking out Venus passing the sun with sister and mother 
So this evening my mom, sister and I headed over to the local university to hang out with some really cool science people and learn about the amazing phenomenon that was occurring over everyone's heads today. Did you know that this won't happen again until 2117! So if you missed it... sorry. It was actually a lot more exciting than I thought it would be, even though the only thing you were really able to see was a white circle with a little black dot in the top corner. The best part of this whole thing was the glasses you got to wear. As you can see they are super stylish {possible a new trend?}. They are basically like those old 3D glasses you got in the movie theatres, except there is this aluminum foil-like paper covering your eyes to protect them from the sun. Overall it was a really fun night and I was really glad I got to see it. 

On another note I found some old pictures from my sister and I's trip to England in the winter and will try and post those soon.


- E    

No comments:

Post a Comment